- An organization with vision for a preferred future, or one that is happy with maintaining the status quo.
- A place where everyone is a leader because of the gifts they bring, or there are a few managers based upon position.
- An environment that is flexible and realizes the gifts you bring as a person, or one that is rigid and expects you to fit into the business mold.
- A job where you are tr
usted to do the job that you need to do, or one where you are managed to do the job you need to do.
- A place where ideas are shared and common solutions are created, or one where all decisions lie in the hands of a single person.
- A work environment that is open and shares what they are doing with all stakeholders, or one that is guarded until the last moment.
- An environment where risks are seen as necessary to learning and success, or one where risks are not encouraged at all.
As an educator, I do not necessarily want our students to adapt to any particular work environment as much as I hope they define it. I know the type of work place I am trying to create for our school.
What are you ideals?