On Facebook I asked my friends what they thought made a good teacher. Here are some of the comments:
- a good teacher is one who knows what is REALLY going on with your child…way too much of that DOESN’T exist today..
- good teacher is when your child wants to go to their class…and they actually learn something.
- A good teacher never stops learning and he/she knows how to bring laughter to the classroom.
yes of course patience, and compassion
- Good teachers do not have to work at being good, they know how to be good and are willing to learn how to be even better!
I do believe a good teacher is a work of art and I am often left humbled in their shadow.
In my opinion a good teacher
- can’t imagine doing anything else…to be a teacher is a calling
- differentiates instruction with gifted expertise and real data
- engages all types of learners big and small
- builds relationships with all
- has patience with others and the process of learning
- puts their students first as if they were their own children
- provides a safe environment physically, emotionally and spiritually
- thrives on challenges and in fact hungers for them
- is a life-long learner
- knows how to laugh